It's ALMOST HERE!
Whew! Time Flew!
When we began planning this event, we could have barely dreamed of what it would become. We are SO excited and we hope that you are too - wands in hand!! We have a few notes for attendees to be aware of mixed in with some frequently asked questions:
1. Payment methods -- during the event, when you are purchasing an item or service not included in your ticket, it is up to the individual vendors whether they accept cash or credit. *MOST* of them will accept credit/debit cards, however we do recommend you keep a small amount of cash on you just in case.
2. PARKING -- You are welcome to use the Fayetteville Town Center Parking deck, as well as parking spaces around the square (metered parking here is free on the weekends -- numbered spaces closer to Block / Dickson Street are free until 2pm and require payment after that) and there are also a few surrounding city parking lots (behind the old court house, behind bank of Fayetteville, etc). There will be close to 2000 attendees, so keep that in mind when you choose what time to show up and what parking may be available. Here's a parking map of the city to help you out:https://www.fayetteville-ar.gov/DocumentCenter/View/2327
3. We are not responsible for lost or stolen items, however we will do our best to work with the Town Center to help you find them should something happen. Please leave valuable things at home or somewhere secure instead.
4. We will have ADA Liasons, one for each shift during the day, to assist those that have special needs and try to help accommodate them. Find a volunteer or Head House Elf during the day of if you need something specific and we will be happy to get them for you.
5. Sign ups for costume contests, bertie botts bean challenge, SPELLing bee, trivia, and common room games are done at the front at the sign up / registration table and are on a FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED basis. You are welcome to watch without having to sign up, and we have staggerd sign up times (available on our website) to try to be as fair as possible, but just be aware that these spots will fill up quickly.
6. We understand there will be people coming in costumes WHICH IS GREAT and we definitely encourage that -- BUT explosives (pretend confringo only!), knives, guns, or other weapons or likeness of weapons (outside of wands) even if they are just pretend and part of your costume ARE NOT ALLOWED. We appreciate your compliance!
Finally, have fun! We are so proud of Fayetteville and how they've come around to support us and we can't wait to benefit the NWA Children's Shelter!
Head House Elves of DiaCON Alley of the Ozarks
Leave a Reply.